Enhance Your Outdoor Appearance with Beautiful Decks
Enhance your property’s overall appeal and functionality with a beautiful deck designed and built by Rock N’ Roll Floors. Decks serve as a smooth and natural bridge between your indoor and outdoor spaces. This effectively extends your living area and provides an opportunity to fully enjoy yourself in the splendor of nature from the comforts of your home. Additionally, a deck affords you more room for hosting and entertaining, making it an ideal investment for any homeowner looking to enhance their lifestyle and property value.
The Benefits of Having a Deck
Before we determine why Rock N’ Roll Floors are the ideal choice for building your deck, let us explore the numerous benefits of a deck to your home and lifestyle. Some of the benefits include:
- Outdoor Entertainment: A deck is the perfect setting for hosting barbeques and parties. The deck provides an open-air space where you can entertain your guests. Plus, if you have worked hard to create a beautiful backyard, your deck is the perfect place to entertain guests while enjoying the stunning scenery. Plus, it also allows you to show off your hard work landscaping. A little outdoor living is good for the soul.
- Expanding Living Space: You gain an extra living area with a deck. It is a place to relax, read a book, or unwind after a long day. Whether bask in the sun or stargaze at night, a deck offers a versatile space for a variety of activities.
- Connect with Nature: A deck seamlessly connects indoor and outdoor spaces. It is an ideal spot to immerse yourself in nature. Relax and enjoy nature with a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening.
- Property Value: A well-designed deck can substantially increase the resale value of your home. You will potentially see a return on investment if you build a deck, making it one of the most cost-efficient ways to add value to your home. Most real estate professionals agree that many home buyers seek a home with an outdoor living area. Prospective buyers often view decks and outdoor living areas as valuable assets due to the enhanced lifestyle they offer.
- Aesthetic Appeal: A beautifully crafted deck can instantly enhance your home’s curb appeal. It adds character and visual interest to your property, making it stand out in the neighborhood.
Common Types of Decks
The type of deck we build and the type of material we use will often depend on yard layout. Here are a few choices to get you started.
- Attached Deck: The most common type of deck. When you walk straight from your door to the deck, this is an attached deck.
- Detached or Floating Deck: This deck is not directly connected to the house but through a pathway. We usually build these decks above ground to compensate for rocky terrain.
- Swimming Pool Deck: A deck or patio is necessary if you have a pool. Many choose a swimming pool deck over stone since wood can be less slippery and not as hot as other outdoor surfaces.
- Multi-Level Deck: When you want to go all out and make the most of your backyard space, a multi-level deck is a fantastic solution, especially if your property has a sloping or steep backyard. Steps connect various levels and create a more functional space that might have gone untouched.
- Rooftop Deck: If your yard is a bit small and your home has a flat roof, you can have a rooftop deck constructed overlooking the neighborhood. You will typically see more of these types of decks in urban areas.
The Most Common Deck Materials
Two of the most frequently used types of decking material are wood and composite. However, a third option is now emerging in the form of PVC. Unlike the other two options, PVC contains no wood fibers, rendering it resistant to rot and termites. Not only does it offer a wide array of color options, but it also boasts exceptional durability. It is important to note that PVC is typically more expensive than other decking materials and may be less commonly used.
The Best Wood for Outdoor Decks
When building a deck, prioritize durability and cost over aesthetics to avoid early replacement. Here are some recommended wood materials:
Cedar: This material possesses an alluring visual appeal and remarkable robustness, exhibiting exceptional fortitude against the detrimental effects of decay and pest infestations. Its durability is a testament to its quality and reliability, making it a prime choice for those seeking long-lasting and sustainable solutions.
Redwood: Redwood, a type of timber that closely resembles cedar, boasts a remarkable resistance to moisture thanks to its abundance of natural oils and tannins. These properties enhance its aesthetic appeal and contribute to its exceptional durability.
Pressure-Treated Wood: When building a deck, pressure-treated wood is a popular choice due to its durability and affordability. Among the several types of pressure-treated wood available in the market, yellow pine and Douglas fir are the two most used options. These wood types are known for their strength and resistance to rot, insects, and decay. With proper maintenance, decks made from pressure-treated wood can last for several decades, making it an excellent investment for homeowners looking for a long-lasting outdoor living space.
Tropical Hardwoods: When it comes to decking materials, mahogany is a popular hardwood option that is known for its exceptional resistance to moisture, insects, and warping.
Composite Wood: Regarding decking options, composite wood is popular for many homeowners. This type of lumber is made from a blend of recycled plastic and wood fibers, creating a durable and sustainable material that can easily withstand the elements. One of the most significant advantages of composite wood is the endless color and finish options. Whether you prefer a natural wood look or a bold and vibrant hue, there is sure to be a composite wood deck that suits your style. Composite wood requires little maintenance, making it an excellent choice for busy homeowners who want a beautiful and unique outdoor space without constant upkeep.
Deck Builders Near Me
Rock N’ Roll Floors excels in customer satisfaction, quality, and expertise. Schedule your consultation today by calling (901) 602-5050.
best deck materials, best decking materials, deck builders Memphis, deck builders Memphis TN, deck builders near me, deck building, deck building materials, deck building Memphis, deck building near me, deck ideas, decking, decking materials, decking Memphis, decking near me, decks, decks Memphis, decks near me, outdoor living area builder, outdoor living area contractor, Rock and Roll Flooring, Rock and Roll Floors, Rock N Roll, Rock n Roll Floors, types of decks